The password associated with your email account can be used to access the webmail interface, as well as configure your account with a desktop mail client. You can change this password from the webmail interface at any time. Here’s how:
- Login to the webmail interface.
2. At the top of the page, click on menu (3 parallel sign) icon besides OX symbol.
3. Click on Settings.
4. On the settings page, click on the Change password tab.
5. Enter your existing password and a new password of your choice.
To ensure the safety of your email account, it is mandatory that you follow certain policies while setting your password. The system will not accept any password that does not abide by the following rules -
- The password must contain at least 8 characters (and can be up to 32 characters long).
- The password can not contain the email prefix or the domain name in their exact form. For instance, if your email address firstname.lastname@example.org, then your password can not contain the words john or yourdomain.
- The password must contain at least one alphabet (a-z in upper or lowercase), and at least one numeral (0-9).
Best practices for setting a password
Make sure you create a unique password to help keep someone from breaking in to your account. Here are a few tips for creating your password, and keeping it safe:
- Never tell anyone your password.
- Never write down your password. Even though your password will look random to others, think of a way to remember it so that you don't have to write it down.
- Change your password periodically.
- Don't choose a dictionary word as your password. Be creative.
- Make sure you abide by the password policy - let your password be a combination of diverse characters such as punctuation marks. capital and lowercase letters and numbers. A variety of characters makes it harder for anyone to guess the password.